his post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
Looking for the most delicious warm drinks for cold weather? Below are a variety of drinks you won’t want to miss!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy a snow day? Mine is my favorite hot chocolate, pjs and a hallmark session! I cannot believe that it is already the Holiday season ALREADY. After the year that we have all had, I am so thankful for the things we have and we get to enjoy each day, Throughout the year, it has made me realize how much family truly means to me. This Holiday season I hope that each one of you can enjoy time with your loved ones and truly cherish each memory with them.
Crockpot Hot Chocolate – Warm Drinks for Cold Weather
With these simply ingredients, you will have the perfect slow cooker hot chocolate in no time.
In the wintertime, hot chocolate is a must. In December, I make it every night. Typically, when you watch a Christmas movie, it’s just the powdered mix and marshmallows. Each night, it is the perfect treat. This Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is the way to go when I have a visitor over, serving hot chocolate to the whole family after a snow day, or during a film night. It tastes amazing and it’s so easy to make.
1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
Sweetened condensed milk can contain 1 (14 oz.)
6 cups of milk, whole,
Two Strong Whipping Cups of Cream
2 teaspoons of Vanilla Pure Extract
2 cups of chocolate semi-sweet chips
Marshmallows, mini, for topping
1. Mix all the ingredients into a 4-quart (or larger) slow cooker. Give a nice stir to it. Some people thought it was better for a cup of milk to heat up, then stir in the cocoa. It was stated that in this way, the cocoa blends better. Then with the rest of the ingredients, the warm milk blend is then mixed in.
2. Cover and cook for about 2 hours under low pressure. As it warms up, stir sometimes.
3. When all the chocolate chips have melted and the mixture is hot, it’s ready. Add your favorite toppings!
The best warm drink to have on a cold night in winter is Hot Toddy. Although, many will call it the best cold cure, some only love the way your heart is warmed by it. With the combination of Whiskey, hot tea, lemon, honey, cloves, and cinnamon, it can really make you warm inside and out. The best way to enjoy in my opinion is around a bunch of friends, playing games, next to a warm and cozy fireplace. I imagine looking out the window and seeing the snow falling from the sky.
Whiskey, use your favorite whiskey.
Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
1. Bring water to boil and add the tea bag and cinnamon stick
2. Take off the heat and leave the tea to steep for 3-4 minutes
3. In the mugs, mix lemon juice, sugar, whiskey bourbon and add hot tea. Together, swirl all until combined and enjoy!
Eggnog is probably my favorite Holiday drink. Do you like your eggnog spiked or not? I could enjoy either way 🙂 My persona favorite choice of alcohol that goes in egg nog is rum, whiskey or brandy, but that choice is up to you! Eggnog tastes thick and creamy, so heavenly.
3 Cups of Milk
1 strong cup of cream
Three sticks of cinnamon
1 bean of vanilla
1/2 nutmeg teaspoon
Separating 5 eggs
1/2 of a cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla Vanilla
Your favorite 3/4 cup alcohol
- Using a pan on the stove to mix milk, cream, vanilla bean cut open and seeds scraped into milk, nutmeg and cinnamon sticks. Heat until the edges just start bubbling, stirring periodically.
- Once the edges are bubbling, remove from heat.
- Combine the sugar and vanilla extract with the egg yolks. Beat until the eggs are lighter in color, dissolving the sugar.
- By mixing 1/2 cup of milk at a time with a hand mixer, slowly temper the eggs with the warm milk. When the eggs have been tempered, continue to thoroughly mix the eggs and milk. Cool until ready to serve.
- Beat the egg whites until peaks form when prepared to serve. Break into the eggnog and pour in the mixture with the rum. Immediately serve.
This post is all about warm drinks for cold weather.
Subscribe below for more delicious recipes!
Other posts you may like: